Monday, November 25, 2013

Make Cross Stitch on Whatever Fabric you Like!! Water Soluble Canvas


I always wanted to make cross stitch and sew cute cross stitch patters on my handmade pouches and bags. However, it is difficult to make cross stitch on quilting fabric as there is no "square" for me to do the cross stitch. I once found a cross stitch sewing kit with waste canvas on a Japanese crafting site but I guess it took me about several months to discover the "waste canvas" term hahaha...While I was searching for the waste canvas, I found this treasure - Water Soluble Canvas!! I immediately ordered some and tried last night once I received the canvas.

It is simple and easy and fun! You just have to put the water soluble canvas on top of the fabric you like, make your cross stitches, and then put the water soluble canvas into warm water of around 40C to 50C. The water soluble canvas dissolves and you get a pretty cross stitch on the fabric.

I don't know if this water soluble canvas is new or I'm just ignorance XD. I couldn't find it on etsy so I guess this is new!!

Would you like to try this? I'm making a pre-order listing on my etsy and will order some for sale in my little shop. I also found DC90 Water Soluble Cross Stitch Canvas on Amazon, which I think is similar. You can check it out. 



No comments:

Post a Comment